View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 06:24 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
The Kobo system is quite similar to Kindle for basic use, I hope there will be a way to add page numbers to the table of content and show the real number of pages from paperback versions though , that's the one thing I miss from the kindle.
There are at least 4 ways of having page numbers. A Calibre plugin method, hand coded (or from a publishing tool), Adobe and Kobo kepub page numbers. The Kobo numbers change according to font & margins. The Adobe ones are based on counting data, not paper edition.
Note paper editions can vary in page numbers and 3 different paperback versions isn't unusual apart from a large print edition, such as Initial Trade, Pocket/Mass Market and some other size.
I prefer % left in chapter and the thin bar showing book progress. However there are choices.
There is a setting to turn on Adobe page numbers, but it only works if an ebook has them.

So page numbers is depending on the ebook content/formatting, not actually the Kobo.

You can easily add page numbers in the TOC editor in Calibre to the TOC from a paper edition. Page numbers in the chapters is more complex and less useful.

Edit
See this post and thread here.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-08-2024 at 06:57 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote