View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 08:16 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Tomatoes mainly. I have some ground by my deck that I'm able to grow them vertically in cages. I've settled on the Brandy Boy hybrid over the years. They have an excellent flavor and are more disease-resistant than the heirlooms that I prefer (but stand little chance grown in the same soil year after year). Organic copper sprayed early and often keeps the blight at bay.

Without expensive fencing, I can't do much traditional gardening because urban deer herds destroy just about everything. I manage to grow some cilantro between the tomato cages, and other herbs in containers on the deck. I've even had good luck with peppers, pole beans and sugar-snap peas in deck containers. I've gotten pretty good at setting up some fairly economical drip irrigation over the years, too.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote