View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 09:07 AM   #67
KoKoRoKo
KoKoRoKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (11th Gen)
Smile Sharing my progress so far...

Greetings, this is my first post on this forum so excuse me if I write/ask something stupid or previously answered.

Firstly, thanks Marek, BlueBotLabs, GeorgeYellow and all those who helped in getting this JB to us!

Now to the main part, I have been trying to get this JB installed since the past 6 hours, and 3 attempts later I have deduced the following:

> The update JB file does not reboot to English but instead to a weird hybrid of demo and retail mode.

> There is no indication that the JB is successful or if it has been removed. There are no (JB) files remaining in the root directory once I got out of the "hybrid" mode (which I escaped thanks to the Marek's ;demo and right button tip) nor is there any logo of the jailbreak upon rebooting.

> I was able to get mrpi installed although KUAL is giving me a hard time. mrpi detects the 'Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin' file but the KUAL book doesn't show up and instead a KppMain(...) pdf is generated.

This was my experience on PW5 with FW 5.16.2.1.1 and I'll be glad to help with anything and would really appreciate any help with KUAL and knowing if I have even got the JB to work in the first place.

Thanks again for the awesome work!
KoKoRoKo is offline   Reply With Quote