View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 03:47 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That sort of gets you off the hook.

Some 3rd party program is deleting files, but not the folders.

If it was a bug in calibre Mobileread would be in meltdown.

I suggest you take a critical look at the 3rd party housekeeping software you use - anti virus, disk organisers etc. And run the Library check as often as possible - you need to spot when it happens, in near real-time as possible - i.e. happened today, rather than happened sometime in past 3 weeks. Might need to salami slice your library onto overnight checkable chunks.

And backups - freefilesync might have a feature that preserves deleted files - JSWolf should know.

BR
I don't think if FreeFileSync preserves deleted files. But it can show what's being synced before you do the sync after you scan the source and destination. That way you can see if anything is missing that should not be.

But a library scan by calibre for the sync is also a good idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote