View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #72
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Had to reboot my monitor - yes my monitor!

When I turned on my computer yesterday afternoon I was faced with a blank screen. I pressed the monitor's on/off switch - its LED went out and didn't come on again <sigh>. Cooked dinner, read some more of Tony Judt's Postwar and went to bed early - which meant I woke up in the early hours.

My plan was to replace the monitor with a spare. After disconnecting it from the UPS, on a whim I reconnected it and pressed the on/off switch; LED came on, Dell logo shows its pretty face, couple of seconds later my Gormenghast forest wallpaper was in front of me.

Why! Who ever heard of having to cold boot a monitor. There's nothing special about it, doesn't make coffee or play jingebells - Dell S2417DG on a 6GB GeForce GTX 1060 card.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-23-2017 at 10:39 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote