View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 06:24 AM   #70
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
For some reason I find any discussion about smart phones irritating, so now I'm not sure I want one. Found a Moto C for AUD140
I find the fixation on the latest and greatest to be irritating.

My five year old Nexus 4 was _plenty_ fast enough to do what I want: browse, whatsapp, navigation, a few apps related to public transport, and a bit of Youtube.

The €185 Moto G5 I've ordered is about twice as fast, so if Motorola didn't frack up the Android version on it, it'll be fast enough.

Then there's the Galaxy S7 for around €450 (last year's top model), which is twice as fast as the Moto, and the Galaxy S8 starting at €600, which adds 50% on top of the S7.

So...
N4 = x.
Moto G5 = 2x
S7 = 2 * 2x = 4x
S8 = 1.5 * 2 * 2x = 6x.

I can't even _phatom_ a use of a smartphone that needs six times the power of the N4. If I need that, I'll probably be using a laptop.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote