View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Harry
The major US providers (Cellular and Wireline) only WANT to sell you ($$) 'Bundles'. What they want to SELL, not what you NEED or WANT.
(I am not a 'always on the phone' user. I never used up my basic minutes in 10 years)
I was paying $50/mo for 2 LOCAL area (mine and spouse) lines with limited minutes and Peak restrictions (flip phone)

I now pay $200/Year for those 2 lines, no peak limits, all USA+ from <omitted as to not violate MR anti-SPAM rules>

My Wireline cost $30/mo. No extras (CID, VM, CW), No Long Distance, Local Only (and it was smaller area than that Cell)
My DSL (not from the phone company) was another $40/mo

I replaced those BOTH with a local provider. Faster DSL, CID, Nationwide + calling all for $50 (taxes and junk fees included)

To make thing totally ironic: I have Stock in both of those old providers and retired from a major telecommunications equipment manufacturer
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote