View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 01:11 PM   #17
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Surely having less one less appstore on Win11 is the opposite to the DMA?

Coincidence?
I don't know a lot about the DMA so I may have this wrong. My understanding is that it is intended to force vendors to allow competitors to be able to sell things without going through the vendor's own appstore.

Perhaps Amazon and Microsoft had an agreement that Amazon's appstore would be the only one available in WSA. That would no longer be viable in Europe due to the DMA. So perhaps the WSA gave one or the other the opportunity they needed to back out of the deal they had. This is just speculation, but it might explain the timing.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote