View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 01:40 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Now watch the lawyers make lots of money on lawsuits to define what is a "newspaper" or ebook.

I can see that Amazon may have a problem with their online reading subscriptions or even the websites that charge money for reading. Then, again, are the cloud downloading sites selling hi-speed downloading and file storage also selling "ebooks". Aren't user manuals an ebook that is downloaded for free from the manufacturer?
Mangas/comics are also ebooks. Would a provider of ebooks need to provide proof that they didn't go beyond the revenue limit?

I expect that one day we will be taxed for the CO2 that we send into the air unless we are no longer living.
I don't think you'll see this. Countries like France and Luxembourg already had low VAT rates on their ebooks but were called back by the EU. Once this rule becomes ratified, I think those two countries will decrease the VAT again. And I know the Dutch government was a very strong proponent of the low VAT rate for ebooks.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote