Thread: StoryGraph MR Reading Challenge Masterpost
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 06:14 AM   #25
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I love this! Something about robbing Peter to pay Paul comes to mind, but as long as the overall TBR list reduces at the end of the day, it's a case of "job done"!

I'm still working through Worsley. I dislike the way in which she occasionally uses slang, which jars in a book about Austen and Georgian England. A couple of examples:

Quote:
It was the smaller things, the bonnets, the recipes, that were up for grabs.
and in reference to Jane Austen's brother Henry when he was shipwrecked off the coast of Ireland:

Quote:
... he made the most of it by sucking up to important people in Dublin.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote