View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 03:11 PM   #49
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaalberg View Post
I didn't know ITC Garamond Light, it's pretty awesome
Thank you for the discovery
Glad you like it! I actually discovered this font in a paper book. I got so enthralled by it that I reached out to the publisher to find out what that beautiful font was. They didn’t know (or were unwilling to investigate) as the book had been out of print for over a decade, so in the end I tracked it through an online font recognizer; there were a few false positives but finally I nailed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you have to up the weight because it's too light for eInk, then why not get the regular non-light version of ITC Garamond? Yes you may still want to up the weight, but not nearly as much.
I agree it’s very light for eInk, but it’s actually not quite the same in its regular form for some reason; I tested several fonts flagged as possible candidates by that online recognizer by comparing snippets copied over from the printed book, and only the light version was a perfect match. Something about the way the lowercase o looks, almost squished vertically.

Last edited by BionicGecko; 02-24-2024 at 04:39 PM.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote