View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 08:09 PM   #1
ehbowen
ehbowen began at the beginning.

Device: none
First ePub; META-INF error

Reference: This Post in the Sigil subforum.

I'm trying to troubleshoot a pesky error in an ePub which was created for me by a freelance book designer using Adobe InDesign (which I don't have and don't want). I had to edit the copyright page, which I did using Sigil, and afterwards I keep failing validation when uploading to Draft2Digital because:

Quote:
ERROR(RSC-007): /META-INF/encryption.xml(5,63): Referenced resource "OEBPS/font/Brilon-Regular.ttf" could not be found in the EPUB.

ERROR(RSC-007): /META-INF/encryption.xml(11,74): Referenced resource "OEBPS/font/TeXGyrePagella-BoldItalic.otf" could not be found in the EPUB.

ERROR(RSC-007): /META-INF/encryption.xml(17,70): Referenced resource "OEBPS/font/TeXGyrePagella-Italic.otf" could not be found in the EPUB.

ERROR(RSC-007): /META-INF/encryption.xml(23,71): Referenced resource "OEBPS/font/TeXGyrePagella-Regular.otf" could not be found in the EPUB.
I strongly suspect that this is related to Adobe's font obfuscation when creating the original ePub, but I don't know how to change it or regenerate the metadata with the tools I have access to. I do need to obfuscate at least the (properly licensed) Brilon Regular typeface, but I'm very new at this. Looking for any assistance. And thanks.
ehbowen is offline   Reply With Quote