View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Poor selection, long waiting lists, timing (if I'm in the middle of one book, I feel like I need to set it aside to begin the borrowed book as soon as it's available so I don't lose my place in line).

Mostly it's because I'm a "free range" reader. I don't stockpile, and I don't work from a TBR list. I don't like planning my reading around circumstances I don't have control over. I like discovering an interesting book and being able to start reading it almost immediately.

I finish one book and then begin the process of looking for the next one to buy/read. Relying on libraries would force me to plan ahead. And I hate planning my reading ahead of time.
I'm much the same, except I do have a stockpile. That would actually be the fourth reason. I want to select a book and start reading. Not be forced to read something when it becomes available and I may no longer be in the mood for that specific book, or I want to read something else more at that moment.

The difference between us is that I don't usually go online to buy my next read, but select one from my previously bought and stored books. Of which there are thousands.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote