View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 03:35 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
For Kobo-related plugins I have the Kobo Utilities and the Extended Driver. On my Sage I use kepubs, on the Libra mostly epubs. I edit all my books in the calibre editor to get them to look exactly as I want (font size, line spacing, margins, text indents, TOC, widows/orphans, disabled hyphenation and so on. Ads, samples and excerpts added to the main content get deleted).

When I get a new Kobo, the first thing I do is go through all the settings and adjust them according to my preferences. Then I sideload custom fonts and screensavers (I edit the font metadata in FontForge, so that Kobo would display the fonts correctly). My favorite fonts are LexiaDama, ChareInk and DejaVu Serif Eink, but I also load others I may occasionally try.

Next item on the menu is to edit the configuration file (mainly setting widows and orphans to 1). I don't enable kerning or ligatures, because they don't play nice with word and letter spacing.

Then the patches. I use a lot of them, over 20, so I'm not going to list all of them here. Most are about reading settings (font sizes, line spacing, word spacing, margins etc.), some are about the look of the homepage, book details, dictionary and so on.

And last but not least I load the books. I have over 2,000 of them on my Kobos, so I load them in batches.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote