View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 03:06 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I was one of those who was having significant battery drainage during suspend on my H2O, however a combination of the following changes seems to have fixed the issue for me:

1. Replaced the Koreader suspend.sh with the suspend.sh from Coolreader (vlasovsoft)

2. Within the new suspend.sh I commented out the line . $ROOT/wifi_off.sh (Koreader does not have wifi_off.sh in Root and hunting for it seemed to make the suspend.sh unreliable). I do not use wifi so simply commenting out the line works for me.

3. Within frontend/device/kobo/device.lua I commented out the line [59] = "Power_SleepCover" (this is because I have a sleepcover, which also seemed to add unreliability in the suspend process in Koreader, which has no direct option to disable Sleepcover).

4. Finally, but this may be completely unnecessary, I extended to "12" from "10" the time in the line for UIManager:scheduleIn in frontend/device/generic/device.lua

All of my changes came from me sifting through the invaluable posts of much cleverer others both here and on Github. I don't know if they are all necessary, but they do seem to have worked for me.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote