View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #1
embryo
Fanatic
embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
KoReader's suspend problem on Kobos

Since KoReader has its own forum now, I can start a thread for an old, much discussed problem.

The random battery drainage when KoReader is in suspend mode.

I first noticed it around Aug/2014 and I did some experiments since then with no luck.
Many people have tried various things without success.
Lately I use this handy mod to power off the device instead of putting it to sleep.

There was this post at the main KoReader thread that make me try once again to substitute the KoReader's suspend script with that of the CoolReader's.
I used a 2015.05 version to extract the script.

The result was that after a night in suspend, the battery went from 100% to 77%, which shows that nothing changed.
At least with my Glo.
But since there is similar behavior with other models, so maybe its a common problem with a common fix...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote