View Single Post
Old 07-18-2023, 01:57 AM   #1
Chitter
Luddite who works in IT.
Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Boox Tab Ultra C
How to Root the Onyx Boox Tab Ultra C (Windows)

I previously created this guide for the Note Air 2 Plus. This is the same thing, but I’ve updated the guide and screenshots for the Tab Ultra C.

It took me a while to figure out the rooting process the first time. In hopes of saving others time, I documented the steps and turned them into an easy-to-understand tutorial. I do not have developer’s experience and know just enough to stumble my way through commands. All the hard work to accomplish this was completed by people with more knowledge than I have. I am simply providing instructions and sources.

If you give this guide a run-through, please provide feedback on any errors you find or changes that could be made. Keep in mind I will not be able to answer more technical questions, but perhaps someone else will chime in on the thread if needed.

I have attached the guide as well as the latest patched boot image if you would like that.

2024-04-06 Update
I no longer have this device, so cannot offer any additional files or feedback. After a lot of trial and error, I decided to switch from e-ink to an OLED tablet. IMO, the Onyx tablets are too much of a compromise. I tested reading back and forth from e-ink and OLED for months and noticed my eyes are equally fatigued on either device, so I opted for the one with more utility. Thanks for looking and happy reading!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How to Root the TUC (Win) 2023-07-17.pdf (878.6 KB, 799 views)
File Type: zip TUC Image v3.3.2 (2023-06-09) Patched.zip (38.55 MB, 306 views)

Last edited by Chitter; 04-06-2024 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Updating status.
Chitter is offline   Reply With Quote