View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 03:05 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's using four layers of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and White (black) so will be considerably dimmer than real eink mono, but brighter for same light as the higher saturation filtered eink.
If I recall the structure of the capsules using in Eink's ACeP product, the four pigments are in a single cup/capsule so you will see the light reflecting off the particles at the top of the capsule. This should yield a reflectance very similar to that of B&W eink. Gallery also maintains the 300DPI resolution whether colour or B&W.

I seem to remember one article that mentioned that with Gallery 3, 50,000 colours were possible though the only mention I remember from Eink's site was that E Ink Gallery Plus could have up to 60.000 colours.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote