View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 06:40 PM   #6
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
In the Sword and Sorcery thread there was some talk about the swashbuckling genre and I wanted to try one. If Anyone cares to recommend a few, I will most likely nominate one.
A swashbuckler that might have a legitimate claim to being a classic is Rafael Sabatini's Scaramouche. This one has it all: the French Revolution, the Commedia dell'arte, romance, family drama, fencing, duels, Darth Vader (sort of).

Someone said it better than I can (sort of):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kxYApOPnW8

Oh, and the LibriVox audiobook read by Gord Mackenzie is EXCELLENT!!!

Last edited by Calenorn; 07-19-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote