View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 02:45 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Chrome is Google spyware anyway. Likely it's a setting.
Chromium and Firefox work.
Even ancient Waterfox Classic works.

As Safari works, the problem is a Google Chrome setting or plug-in.
I agree that it is probably a setting. Tracking it down might be tricky since amazon frequently tests web updates on subsets of customers without notification.

chromium also sends information to google. I use a chromium fork that has those sections of code removed or blocked from execution. When I enable to setting "to always ask" where to store downloads, "download for transfer over USB" fails even though a "success" message is displayed and no dialog appears to chooose a download. If I change the setting to automatically save D&T works. Until some months or maybe a yyear ago the "always ask" worked fine.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote