View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #22
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Man, I hate to be an ingrate, but I just don't understand why the files are hosted on such a sketchy site. Malwarebytes alarms. Uncheck options to avoid spyware. Fake download buttons as ads.

yikes
You probably missed the part where they tell you to NOT use the download manager. I've never gotten so much as a hiccup from my AV program about the tools, they are definitely clean. Just stay away from the download manager (probably a necessary evil at the host site, but they clearly tell you how to avoid using it).

Quote:
The download link is the grey button. Uncheck the box “Use our download manager and get recommended downloads”

Do not click on the advert on the right-hand side of the page, even if it says “DOWNLOAD NOW”.
The download will be a .zip file. If your download is a .exe file do not run it, as you have downloaded the download manager. Make sure that the check box is unchecked
Make sure Javascript is enabled in your browser.
No credit card or payment of any kind is required to download the tools.
If you are worried about the integrity of the tools, listed below is the MD5 checksum.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote