View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 09:32 AM   #74
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Honestly a lot of the confusion over Overdrive is the result of Overdrive choosing to be obtuse about branding

On Kobo devices that support it you get two options either to add library or login with overdrive the latter of which is slightly hidden until you scroll down on a dialogue that doesn’t properly display there’s more to see

Both methods work but of course choosing the former results in only being able to sync from that library’s check outs regardless of how you set up Libby

Which brings up the second issue, apps. It was only relatively recently that Overdrive ditched the Overdrive app in favor of Libby but they spent years maintaining and updating both (though Libby was superior if not outright on launch certainly very quickly).

Still this would have been fine if their messaging in Libby had been clear and the UI had a clear and obvious option to login to your OD account or out of it. It may now but didn’t when I looked some time ago.

I made a rather long and snark filled post about adding multiple libraries to a Kobo but the nuts and bolts have been covered in this thread.

1) have OD account
2) have Libby app and login using OD account
3) have kobo that supports OD which I think is all the ones they sell now
4) on the kobo find the overdrive account should be in accounts under settings and begin to set it up. Scroll down on the dialogue that pops up until you see the option to login to OD do so with the same login used for Libby. When prompted pick a library ideally pick the one with the selection you borrow from primarily. This is the library you’ll be able to search directly on the kobo any other library will require the Libby app (or your library’s app I suppose but that adds extra wrinkles) just search in the app borrow the book and sync your kobo.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote