View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #353
anonvoy
anonvoy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi!

Today I got new Updates (please check the first post). However I did not test it for i62XX yet. Please check, if your problem has been fixed among others.
The update didn't work for me. I got as far as "software update request detected, Checking updates", then let go of the Home button, but the screen only flashed a few times, and then the old system (April 2013 update) loaded (it seems not to have been changed and works).

I tried a few things, renamed the update file from "i62HDML.FIREFLY.update-20130716.zip" to "update-20130716.zip", deleted every other file on the SD card except the update zip file (which I kept as such and did not unpack), but it still didn't work.

It DID work some time ago with the April update, which replaced the January 2013 software (I used the very same SD card for that). I have since added a few pieces of software, namely the multitasking patch and the OTFM file manager, and also a few screensaver images. Do these in any way hinder the update process?

BTW, it seems to me the change log in this thread's first post still refers to the April update.

Last edited by anonvoy; 07-20-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: missing words
anonvoy is offline   Reply With Quote