View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #18
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad2, Kindle
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, working at a small publishing house and have been tasked with converting our print books to ebooks. I usually typeset the books so am already working in InDesign, and i have some basic HTML experience. I'm embracing the new challenge by reading Liz Castro's Straight To The Point guide and watching the InDesign CS5 epub training videos on Lynda (although we are on CS5.5), i'm learning a lot of great stuff but so far I haven't found a simple solution to some of my most basic queries.

For starters, how do I create a section title and a chapter title that will each split the epub into separate files/chapters? I want sections to appear as parent items in the toc, with chapters as children, but CS5.5 will only allow me to split the document defined by one paragraph style, so if I set the toc style up the way I'd like it, the epub doesn't split the way I would like. If I strip out our design elements and start all new sections and chapters with the same header, I get the right splits, but the toc and the page design are compromised.

I guess I can edit these later, but if there's an easier way to do this - any tips would be much appreciated!

Last edited by virtual_ink; 06-28-2011 at 07:11 PM.
virtual_ink is offline   Reply With Quote