View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 08:43 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
We have already done such an experiment in 2020. I also wanted to keep compatibility when I clicked on the magnifying glass icon (or the Ctrl-F shortcut) so that it would toggle and not just open the F&R window.
During testing, I realized that this was not a good idea. I don't remember the details, but it was bad enough that my change was reverted and I was relieved.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Because Tab is an allowable input text character so it is captured by whatever field has keyboard focus. Instead try Shift-Tab as it is not an allowable input character and changes the focus point in the reverse order that Tab uses.
I use the Tab key to move the focus 'forward' from one control to the next… the buttons, drop downs, check boxes etc. The problem I have is that Tab will also move focus between the various windows - e.g from the F&R Count all button to the Book Browser, and then to a Codeview tab, and sometimes into the CodeView text box (I've yet to fully fathom why it is 'sometimes') and I end up with something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-03 102357.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	207329

The issue would be alleviated if there was better visual indication of where keyboard focus is currently located.

Now that Sigil has specific menu actions and shortcuts to give focus to the various windows (but no toolbar buttons ?) maybe its time to consider removing the ability give focus to the various windows by Tabbing into them.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-02-2024 at 08:45 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote