View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 02:50 PM   #56
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Maybe similar to the Likebook Mars eink. The supplied reader does PDF and epub, it's poor for epub so I use KOReader for that.

But on PDF you can adjust the white level, black level (and on real text PDF, the font weight) and "watermarks". Makes the grey on yellow (as PC previewed) perfectly black on white. Also has manual, semi automatic, automatic and none for crop. Could it be FBreader?

Before that to read on Kobo or Kindle:
1) Import PDF to The GIMP choosing required DPI taking account of cropping and eventual screen size. It creates a layer per page. Then export layers in reversed order as a motion png. This step is only because Image Magick on my computer can't read PDFs for security reasons, I could disable that protection, but a bad idea. Works on password protected PDFs
2) Convert the mpng to PDF (needs security setting) using Image Magick. It allows conversion to 16 levels, Black, White and 14 greys. You can set brightness and contrast to have good paper white and black text. You can set the XY offset and right and bottom crop. It's a command line tool. https://imagemagick.org/script/magick.php

Or you can use k2pdfopt https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...47#post4157747

But the Boyue Likebook Mars, like P78, is a 7.8" 300 dpi eink with Android 8.x
Really I bought it to be able to use my County Library Android App, Belinda Borrow Box. There is some way to use a web download and ADE, but I don't have ADE on Linux. I probably have it on an old XP PC for games which I don't connect to the internet.

Last edited by Quoth; 10-03-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote