View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 07:10 PM   #3
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV4ES View Post
Why do the majority of the most popular e-book brands hide the full technical specifications of their device? In a good case I can get the RAM specs, but not the CPU and other stuff. I am talking about Kindle, Kobo and other brands.
The specifications are generally not relevant to the average customer, and both Amazon and Kobo want to appear friendly to people who aren't tech savvy. If they start listing lots of computer specifications, that will make people feel like these devices are too complicated. Besides, specs don't really matter for an e-reader. It doesn't take a beefy quad-core CPU to display an e-book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV4ES View Post
Why is there a huge gap between Amazon's flagship models and Onyx Boox?
I found out that Onyx Boox is a Chinese company, and I would rather have a good product from Amazon, but it seems that they can't compete with those of Onyx in terms of technical specifications.
Kindle is an e-reader (and note taker, in the case of the Scribe). Onyx Boox makes android tablets. They're different categories of devices. Yes, you can use a Boox model as a reading and writing device, but you can do many other things with it, since you can install programs from Google Play to get any type of functionality you want. You can't do that with a Kindle. The Kindle is designed to read books purchased from Amazon and pretty much nothing else (except for the Scribe, which also has primitive note-taking capabilities).
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote