Thread: Prime Day 2023
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 01:52 PM   #52
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
I got suckered into WM+. At the time I joined they were advertising "free" refills for certain prescription drugs which would have essentially paid for my membership. They reneged on the drug benefit a few days after I joined.
You should have called and demanded a refund if the removed the benefit so close to your signing up! And if they refused, did a chargeback on them. That's some serious bullshit to remove a major benefit.

I've been considering trying them out, so your post is helpful.

Quote:
Store delivery has a minimum and they "recommended" a $7 tip per trip. How is that free? I suppose you could skip the tip but how long before you get rotten apples, mashed bananas and extra spit seasoning in your salad? Just a thought.
I think that's reasonable, they wouldn't want to send out delivery people with a single candy bar, bag of chips, bunch of bananas, etc. I think the important question is if the minimum is lower for Walmart+ members than it is for the general public. Do you know on that? Also, the tip is because they're too cheap to pay the delivery people a decent wage and (at least around here) have to use their own cars. They get the same hourly rate as the rest of the employees.

Quote:
Free shipping really is free and it is 2 day fed ex. Catch is not everything is available for shipping.

Member saving on fuel. IIRC it is $0.10 gal on SOME brands at SOME places. I have Costco and they are always cheaper.
Yeah, Walmart's great with shipping speed. I've used them some by reaching the minimum order for free shipping and stuff arrives in one to two days. But what can and can't be shipped is a mystery and changes. Sometimes I can pad out my order with some generic Gas-X or deodorant, but they won't always ship it. Got a dozen sticks of deodorant once, shipped to my house. (I like to stock up.) Next time I tried to get some, it was pick up at the store only.

As for gas, every time I've gotten gas at Sam's club & the Murphy station by the local Walmart, my car would start cutting out for a few minutes after the fill up. They seem to have water in their tanks perpetually, so I avoid them like the plague. Costco usually beats the prices at my local stations, but it's 45 mins away so I can only use it when I'm in Knoxville for some other reason. Costs me $20+ in gas for the round trip.

Quote:
Mobile scan and go. Good idea but poorly implemented. Scan the item with app when you put it in your cart and you are ready to check out with one swipe. The problem is you still have to process through a register so you still end up waiting in line. SAMS Club has a better version.
Can you do the scan and go payment at the self checkouts? If so, that'd probably speed things up. I rarely have to wait for a self checkout in town, and not for long in Knoxville.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote