View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 01:14 PM   #71
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrux View Post
Well, I took the plunge based on the operating instructions posted on help.boox.com, which indicated that the frontlight control still worked the way I like it. However, as it turns out, this is no longer the case since 3.5. The frontlight controls have been removed from "settings" and are now available only in the control panel. Instead of the previously separate controls for the "warm" and "cold" LEDs, the sliders now control intensity (brightness) and color (with cold at the "-" end and warm at the "+" end). By default these are automatically reset to "-" when the Boox goes into standby. The right edge slider, which previously controlled warm LED intensity, can now control various parameters. The default and the closest to the previous functionality is for it to control frontlight intensity. However, since the color temperature resets to cold every time the device is turned off, the right edge slide effectively controls cold light intensity now. The previous ease of use for me is broken, since I have to set the color temperature in the control panel every time I turn on the device instead of just sliding up the right-hand edge.

P.S. In the Boox Feedback section I asked about installing 3.3.x instead.
I updated my Nova Air C to 3.5 earlier this year (a newer update is available now?) And honestly? The lighting controls are very much improved, IMO.

Settings>power>auto turn on front light when waking the device> ON= the light settings are set right back to where they were before sleep.

Settings>gestures>bottom> ON = EITHER the ability to swipe up from the bottom edge (3 regions, 3 functions to choose, from many), OR a navigation bar, with 4 different orderings of icons.

Settings>gestures>side> up and down swipe gestures> ON
I have the left side assigned to brightness, the right side assigned to color temperature. I have show indicator ON. It is very convenient.

There are left-right swipe gestures on that page as well. You may find them useful. I don't really use them at this point.

I hope this helps.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote