View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:39 PM   #10
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
For me, the down side of the book was Rebanks' writing style, which should have been sorted out, at least to some extent, in the editing process.

For example, he writes of pulling W H Hudson's book A Shepherd's Life out of the bookcase "like it was a piece of junk". He several times uses the word "disinterested" when he means "uninterested".

Perhaps this is deliberate, with Rebanks wanting to emphasise to the reader that he is a shepherd, not one of those patronising people who write books and fuss about grammar. I think it is a pity if that is the case, because it jarred and spoilt some of my enjoyment of the book.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote