View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 05:43 PM   #91
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
I download metadata and covers and add tags all the time, but don't consider that "editing" the book.

The only time I've actually used the editor has been when I've bought "watermarked" books that contain warnings about sharing the book illegally, stating that "the book was bought by [name and e-mail address]" in the actual text. Had they just had that in the beginning and/or end of the book, I wouldn't have bothered; they chose, however, to include it in the text itself in several places.
I got one of those which was a freebie from the author. My email address was shown at the start of every page and at every scene break plus being buried in the .opf, .ncx and nav documents. Took about 5 seconds of search/replace to fix but rather annoying to have to do this. The same book also encoded my email address by using non-breaking spaces at the end of paragraphs.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote