View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 12:47 AM   #106
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Of the 4 people I know who have had their Amazon account suspended over returns, only one was unable to have the suspension lifted. Perhaps his habit of purchasing ebooks, downloading them, stripping the DRM, saving the resulting ebook and then returning them had something to do with this. Surprisingly() Amazon takes notice when you have purchased and returned several hundred ebooks over a 4 month period while rarely even starting to read any of them.

This bit of karma warms my heart. I see people on Reddit and even here promoting that sort of barbarous behavior as perfectly acceptable, but it’s a terrible thing to do to the authors they supposedly enjoy. I’m glad Amazon takes notice.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote