View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post
Hi Ahi,

A Zen Garden of LaTeX templates would actually be awesome and very useful...especially to someone like me who is trying to learn basic LaTeX and hoping to improve the look of ebooks. I loved Jallby's formatting in Gulliver's Travel, which got me interested in looking into LaTeX. I had used it a few years ago for an undergrad thesis but I have forgotten everything since then.

Given that I am working in Windows, and that I am looking to go down the route of a relatively easy method for pasting in ebook content and generating PDFs, what would you recommend? Also, if you have any templates to share, or threads to point me towards that would help me get started with making ebooks using LaTeX I would be very grateful.

Thanks a ton!

Cheers
Welcome to the Dark Side, Orion2001.

I am suffering through some crunch-time with several projects. I will start throwing a few LaTeX templates on a minimalist website, whose URL I will post here.

As for easily generating LaTeX documents from eBooks, once I upload the next version of pacify, it should do a good bit of the work. I recommend not bothering with the old one currently available on the forum, as the new version is pretty drastically different... so whatever figuring out you do will be in vain once you start using the new release.

Expect progress on the above next week... and I encourage you to harass me about it, if none is forthcoming. A little encouragement never hurts!

In the meantime, you might also want to check out Jellby's script that works with PrinceXML. Not LaTeX, but leagues better than anything else out there (other than LaTeX) and by the sounds of it easy enough to handle.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote