View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
LaTeX eBook Templates

Dear Like-Minded Fellows,

Have any of you an interest in contributing to a collection of LaTeX eBook Templates?

I'm thinking of LaTeX source files that are customized for what is a coherent and--to the best of the template maker's abilities--typographically sound whole, that people could readily plug content into.

If there is interest, I'll setup a member-editable wiki for this tonight with usernames/passwords for anybody interested (to avoid having to monitor for vandalism and spam), and add the first template I have to contribute.

If anybody already knows of a website like this, please do post about it here. If a LaTeX template site already exists that has (or is amenable to) a focus on eBooks, I'll save myself the (admittedly minimal) trouble of putting up the wiki.

Just to further clarify what I mean, I would love to see on the eventual template list...

- several LaTeX templates that aim for simple but pleasant aesthetics and readability with eBook (display size and resolution) limitations in mind
- a LaTeX template that supports marginal notes (even if only for 8"+ devices)
- several (Xe)LaTeX templates for CJK eBooks, with links to the fonts used
- LaTeX templates that try to be typography-historically sensible, from font selection to chapter/page styles, to table of contents style
- LaTeX templates with specific types of complex layout structures in mind (e.g.: a layout specifically tailored for the Bible and similar books, a layout tailored for dictionaries and encyclopedias, a layout tailored for bilingual texts)
- et cetera

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote