View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 05:21 AM   #1
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
New to Kindle (former Kobo user)

Hi. So I'm getting the latest Paperwhite soon (w/ special offers) and some kind folks told me about the Kindle Collections plugin. My primary concern is having the series names and numbers displayed in each book and I know that it can be done using the plugboards without jailbreaking. However, I've heard the plugin is highly recommended here so I'm thinking of trying it out.

I've read that for it to work, I have to jailbreak it (and I'm a bit scared to do it as I've never jailbroken any device). I don't have the PW yet but I've a couple of questions that I hope you can help me out so that I can do it immediately once I get my device.

1. I get quite confused with the instructions on how to jailbreak here so I found this tutorial. Does the instructions posted there still work for the latest PW?

2. Should I do the jailbreaking with the device fresh out of the box?

3. After jailbreaking, is it possible to update the device over the air? And do I need to repeat jailbreaking everytime I update the device's firmware or will the jailbreak support future firmwares?

4. Is there a way to backup the contents and all data in the PW in Calibre, similar to the backup function of KoboUtilities?

I'm using a Mac but I can do it in Windows if it's necessary. Thanks in advance to those who will answer!
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote