View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 10:34 AM   #1529
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan5 View Post
Yeah, worse luck. �� But from what I've heard, there's a very good reason FB keeps getting renewed. It apparently has nothing to do with quality (which it hasn't since S10) Supposedly the producers are able to bring the show in under budget--and as an incentive, the BBC allows them to keep the leftover loot. And said producers supposedly get first-look series options and other goodies. And apparently the producers don't treat the actors well--either you suck up and do what they tell you...or get lost because the show is so "popular" anyone can be replaced.

In short, FB is now apparently just a cash cow--and what's known as a placeholder show. It's not going anywhere no matter how bad till the profits run out. Me--I've switched over to Murdoch Mysteries. Granted the plots are often bonkers. But those creators have well-developed characterization; smart (if goofy) mysteries; and genuine respect for viewers' intelligence and the source material. As well, one of my all-time GOAT shows, Cold Case, is coming back with the original showrunner. Why waste time with crap any longer?
Meh, I was fond of the Murdochs, until this past season. Not the one now, but about two seasons ago and it too sort of jumped the shark. I don't mean in the nutty plotlines--I'm at the point where even time-travel doesn't faze me but they just...IDK, speaking of "lost the plot," they did. The original show had a lot fo creative juice, between Murdoch, George and all that nad it's just...I don't know. Can't describe the loss really but I stopped watching about 3 episodes into the last season last year.

Shrug.

Never watched Cold Case. Some cop procedurals I like and some I don't. Can I explain why I really liked L&O: CI (even with the main charactger/actor Musical Chairs near the end?) and never warmed up to the Sex perverts one with the lady cop? Nope. I can't, but that's how the cookie crumbles. But yes, I agree, if Midsomer Murders' original writers and showrunners and cast (magically) came back, yeah, I'd be on that in a moment. :-) Hell, I still miss Deadwood. LOL.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote