View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 12:03 PM   #11
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm beginning to see the benefit of non-humans reading my books, myself. The "voice acting/performances" and multiple narrator productions can be quite distracting at times. But there are still quite a few narrators that I enjoy listening to.
Agreed, but the field is narrowing

I mean, I don't want TTS for anything humorous. I tried some "Jeeves" and "Wimsey" and...no.

It's also not great for books that are particularly dialogue heavy, or anything with complicated sentence structure. Just for kicks I had Alexa read some Henry James. Now THAT was funny.

But I'm able to use TTS for a lot of books, especially when going back and forth from reading to listening as I'm already acquainted with the writing style and the characters.

Last edited by Desertway; 08-02-2023 at 12:11 PM.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote