View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 01:00 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I can't take the Goodreads Choice awards seriously or care about the outcomes. Even more so than most popularity contests of its stripe. I remember one year when one of the biography choices in the final round was a book from the year before, as I knew because I'd read it the year before! I reported it but the poll was almost over before they finally removed it.

My guess is that poetry was removed because not enough interest and the kidlit topics removed because of agendas.
There was a poll for the best covers. I think Twilight won. It was a popularity contest as a lousy cover with hands holding an apple should never have won or even made the list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote