View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #20
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by calken View Post
After getting a marked-down Sage last week I also got the Metapen M1 on Amazon.ca for $39 CAD ($33 USD)and I have to say, it's excellent. I do regret not getting the M2 for only $2 more--$41 CAD ($33 USD with prime)as it has the eraser on the top . As I'm using it to read through academic papers as PDFs and the notebook function I thought having the eraser function on a button might improve my workflow but I keep accidentally erasing when I mean to highlight and vice versa, so I might return it for the m2. All in all though, I think its even better than the Samsung S-pen, which isn't compatible with Kobo E-readers, but I've used on my partner's Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra. Comparatively, the metapen has a much better feel and weight, and it may have something to do with the digitizer but I find its detected better on the Kobo than the S-pen was on the tablet, apart from occasional stalling when I've been trying to do to many different functions in rapid succession, but from what I've heard thats more the Sage's fault than anything else. I've heard in general stlylus use is much better on the elipsa 2e, but I just can't justify $500 CAD + HST currently.
Thanks for posting the information about this pen. I've got a Libra Colour on pre-order but didn't opt to buy the Stylus 2 at $89. But Amazon offered me a $4 "coupon" on the Metapen M2 bringining it down to CDN$37 ($41 with taxes in) so given that the M1 is working well for you on a Sage I figured I'd take a punt and order one.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote