View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #37
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
My best friend just came to see me. (We met in high school about a thousand years ago and are still friends even though we live far apart.)

She lives about 3 hours drive away. She was thinking about me and knew my birthday had just passed and dropped in to say hi and bring me a sprinkle donut. Three hours down to bring me a donut and three hours home again.

This amazing women is a full time teacher, has three girls in university and a semi retired husband. She teaches music and runs the high school play; she’s helping her elderly mom pack house to move; she also teaches music privately; she plays as an accompanist for student competitions and plays regularly for church functions. Her life is one constant blur of motion.

This is the woman who, after my twins were born, came to the house at 11pm (after working a full day) in her pyjamas and took over care of the girls so I could get some sleep. She left at 5am so she could make it to work on time.

When my mom passed in January, she dropped everything and came with one of her daughters in tow to take care of the girls, my husband, my dad and me. She drove me to appointments, grocery shopping and spent time just sitting with me.

She is the most self-less person I have every met. I don’t know what I have done to deserve such a special person in my life but I’m so thankful for her friendship.

And the donut ...was delicious.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote