View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 12:32 AM   #3534
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Currently listening to Shogun by James Clavell and narrated by Ralph Lister. Excellent so far!! I'm about 10 hours in. I can see why this book was so popular when it first came out! Very good writing that moves. I bought this at Audible when it was still a single recording. The publisher pulled it and replaced it as two parts in December. It is the same recording. Yah, there's a lot of controversy over that.
I have Shogun as a single recording. All 53 1/2 hours of it. And it really is a monumental work, quite well read by Ralph Lister, as I remember it. I've been watching the new TV series of it, and I think I need to re-listen to the book to see where the variations are.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote