View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Glad to see some other magazine fans! FYI, I did a quick scan and these are the complete (or fairly complete) sets I found at first glance:

The Strand (first half of 1893)
Punch (most of 1914 and 1920, bits of other years)
Graham's Magazine (all of 1848)
The Arena (much of 1891)
Atlantic Monthly (1859-62, 4 complete; 1863-4 missing 1 month each, bits of other years)
Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (All of 1843 and 1844, bits of other years)
Continental Monthly (all of 1862 and 1864, bits of other years)
Lippincott's Magazine (many, but each year is missing some)

I am not sure how many of these are fairly stand-alone and how many heavily rely on being read in sequence, but I think I will start with the ones which are complete years. S/he who dies with the largest library in Calibre wins, right?

ETA: Link to Bookshelf for easy browsing

Last edited by ficbot; 11-11-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: link added
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote