View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #29
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
One of the unresolved issues for me is Jacob Marley. Is his being the instrument of Scrooge’s redemption part of his punishment? Was he also offered a similar shot at redemption (and thus also increasing his remorse) or is Scrooge luckier? The Church of England doesn’t hold with Purgatory so we have to assume there’s nothing in it for Marley.
I took his wandering the afterlife as his punishment, he even indicates to Scrooge not to die without changing your ways or you'll suffer the same fate as I did. (not an exact quote). I took all this to mean that Marley didn't repent the error of his ways before passing, so he got his punishment. I don't read anything into him being offered a similar shot at redemption. Why he chose or was sent to Scrooge to change before it's too late is anyone's guess.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote