View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I think one of the things that made the book stand out for me was the use of San Francisco. Between my own researches concerning the city, and finding its distinctive character used in this and other stories*, the place feels quite real to me. I'd love to learn how the reality matches my imagination.
I have never been to San Francisco, but it’s high on my list of places to visit in my lifetime. It is the kind of city that can be a starring character in a book or movie. You posted links earlier about Mona’s. I was researching last night about the Black Cat Bar also mentioned in the book, which has its own fascinating history.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote