View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #51
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I re-installed the T68 update but I am still missing the Onyx Neo-Reader. The open with menu just shows a FB Reader that crashes if I try to use it. Booxtor, is there a way to roll back the update, short of doing a factory reset?

Oh, and just a reminder for those who may not have seen it on the M96 thread, but if you long press the menu button (the left top hand button) it does a screen refresh no matter which app you are in. This also works on the T68. This helps a lot with ghosting in non-Onyx apps.

This got me wondering, and maybe Booxtor knows if it is possible or not, but could a future update include some sort of universal refresh setting, similar to what is seen in Onyx Reader and Neo-Reader. Instead of page turns, it can be set to refresh each time a button is pushed or a tap is made on the touchscreen (which is how pages are turned in non-Onyx apps because the buttons usually do not work). This refresh setting could be set to whatever frequency people felt comfortable with, just like the Onyx reading app page refresh settings. I am not a programmer, so perhaps this is impractical, but it would help improve the crispness of non-Onyx apps without needing to manually long press the menu key every couple pages.
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote