View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 10:34 AM   #1
Fawn_S
Fawn_S began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Darwin/Magellan opinions? Esp. on side buttons

Hi all, posting also on r/Onyx_Boox, I hope that's OK.

I'm looking to replace my old Kindle Voyage. I really want my new reader to still have page turn buttons on both sides and the Boox Darwin/Magellan seem to fit the bill, but the photos make it look like a single button on each side. Is it like a volume button where the upper end goes to the next page and the lower end to the prev? Or does the right button only go forward and the left back? I would also appreciate any general opinions on these devices, esp. on making the switch from the Amazon ecosystem.

Additionally, I'm really confused by all the different model names that appear on different "official" sites. So far I found 3 official looking sites: shop.boox(dot)com, onyxbooxusa(dot)com, and onyxboox(dot)com, the latter linking to ectaco(dot)com for US shopping.

I found the Magellan and Darwin 9 on onyxbooxusa and on ectaco but not on the others, are those sites legit? (I can provide direct links in the replies.) I'm not from the US/Europe and have family traveling to the US at mid-April, so I need reliable shipping but won't have the option of returning so not bothered about that.

Thanks!
Fawn_S is offline   Reply With Quote