View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #11
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
[QUOTE=Catlady;4133567]Has anyone read the novel Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson? Among the eight fictional murders the protagonist calls perfect (i.e., almost impossible to crack) is the one in The Red House Mystery. I have not read Swanson's book (because it gives away all the murderers in the eight books, and I haven't read all of them), so I don't know what his criteria are. Still, it seems surprising to include Milne's book.

FYI, the eight "perfect" fictional murders occur in these books:
  • Agatha Christie’s ABC Murders
  • Patricia Highsmith’s Strangers on a Train
  • Ira Levin’s Deathtrap
  • A. A. Milne's The Red House Mystery
  • Francis Iles's (Anthony Berkeley Cox's) Malice Aforethought
  • James M. Cain's Double Indemnity
  • John D. MacDonald's The Drowner
  • Donna Tartt's The Secret History

I haven't read it, but interesting trivia to know

I have The Drowner to read very soon - I just got into John D. MacDonald this year

ABC Murders was great, I agree I didn't pre-guess that one

Double Indemnity - listened to the audio on Scribd last year. Both truly deplorable main characters but interesting little, twisted story. They really emphasized trying to get away with the perfect murder in this one, so I can see it fit the list.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote