View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 07:25 PM   #77
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Thanks Bookworm_Girl for the additional background. I wondered if Rebanks was an economist. It’s very interesting to hear his later reflections on the book, and how it was, in part, his gift to his father.

Thanks too for the great websites. I love how the Lake District refers to ‘cultural visitors’ rather than ‘tourists’. It emphasizes the importance of world heritage sites, and at the same time, is very respectful to the people who visit them. I know there are good reasons to be wary of tourists, but many travellers are conscious and thoughtful about the impact they make. And I must say, the photos are stunning!

issybird I felt I was reading about another era too. I think Bookpossum has it right when she talks about the cultural distance from London. You can feel it in his brief descriptions of being at Oxford and in the city.

Last edited by Victoria; 09-22-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote