View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 06:21 AM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
For people who selected "Yes," how many of you edit the actual book itself vs just editing the metadata/cover photo? I consider there to be a distinction between the two, and I suspect more people are doing just the latter than the former.

I've only edited the underlying ebook a handful of times, once when I ripped a Kindle book into a very old MOBI format and it didn't have a working ToC. I generated one by hand, just so I'd have useful navigation when I read the book on my Kobo.
I edit the cover (change the size if large enough and losslessly recompress) , I edit the CSS, I edit the HTML, I edit the ToC (if needed). I edit the metadata by hand (if needed). I edit the OPF (if needed).

As for Mobi, you'd be better off converting to ePub. Kobo does a rather poor job with Mobi.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-14-2024 at 06:28 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote