View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #5
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
evidence, and amazon's response, suggests hardware failure - device stopped being able to write information to its memory
that is NOT caused by your activities, though I get how it can seem that way.

one way to put your mind at rest could be to perform all the same activities on the replacement kindle, when it arrives [ you have nothing to lose because if u do manage to brick it, you can send it straight back And say to me nah nah told you so... " ]

the worst you should be able to do by feeding it poor quality data is to confuse the indexing process, but a factory reset would have fixed that.
I know, it is probably a coincidence but, it just is difficult for me not to link the kfx sideloading with the device dying.

I also noticed on one of the last times I was able to check the settings that the device storage quantity was all messed up, it said something ridiculous like 42 MB out of 450 MB remaining - I.e. nothing resembling the expected amount. Or maybe the kfx packages took up such a lot of space they killed my kindle?

Annoyingly, the replacement is a refurbished one...

I will definitely NOT be trying this when my new Oasis arrives.

Last edited by Pjama; 07-24-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: .
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote